stuck safe inside for about two months now, the weather is getting warmer and the temptation to go outside and see friends is high. I get it, and I also understand that there needs to be some kind of balance, at least for me. I’ll elaborate more on my feelings around this in a later post, but I will say while my wine intake has been higher than pre coronavirus days, so is my workout regimen. The sculpt society’s at-home workouts have absolutely saved me from multiple mental breakdowns. I digress. What I’m here to talk about is my online shopping habit which has also increased a bit in the past two months. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has indulged in some retail therapy. Don’t get me wrong I haven’t loved or kept ALL of my online purchases, but there are a few that will remain a lifelong staple for me and I feel compelled to share. See below.
- Jouer’s Soft Focus and Hydrate + Set Powder $38 I will not lie, the reason I purchased this is because Cameran Wimberly from Bravo’s reality show Southern Charm was raving about it on her IG story. I typically don’t use a foundation regularly, but I do like the evenness it gives so I decided to give this a try because it claims it’s lightweight, not drying or cakey. It is safe to say I am OBSESSED. I don’t even understand how it works, but it’s incredible. It’s a packed powder, I use a normal powder foundation brush and it feels like a light dewy liquid foundation, but without the heaviness. I can’t get over it. I am STUNNED. It’s a keeper for me.
- Apostrophe Tretinoin Next up is THE holy grail of skincare products for me, Tretinoin. My work husband has been talking about Tretinoin as long as I’ve known him, but with skincare products like this one, there is that whole “it gets worse before it gets better” process that I didn’t want to deal with. However, since no one but Josh was going to see my face, I decided to give it a shot. I went to Apostrophe because they provide prescriptions online. It’s super easy. You take photos of your skin at different angles, submit it on their platform and a dermatologist gets back to you in a day with a treatment plan. I already knew what I wanted so I mentioned that in my “appointment” and I received a prescription almost immediately, ordered directly through them, and got it within 5 days. I’ve been using it for over a month now and my skin has seen SUCH a difference. The redness and breakout phase wasn’t so bad either. My skin is smoother, clearer and I noticed some fine lines around my eyes and forehead are less deep. My pores appear smaller, too. I just can’t say enough about it and I regret not doing it sooner. Tretinoin: is a medication used to treat acne and sun-damaged skin. It can’t erase deep wrinkles, but it can help improve the appearance of surface wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. Tretinoin is also known as retinoic acid. It’s the generic name for synthetic vitamin A.
- L.L. Bean Women’s Daybreak Scuff, Motif Full transparency, I did not purchase these during quarantine, I got them for Christmas, but I have not stopped wearing them since, and especially now more than ever. Not only are they adorable, but they are so comfortable and the soles are rubber and are super solid and durable. I don’t like getting out of my bed if my slippers aren’t right at my side to greet me. That’s how obsessed I am about these.
- Aerie Chill Ribbed Longline Bralette $14.97 So, I’ll start by saying I’m not one who LOVES wearing a bra. It’s safe to say I don’t really need one LOL, they’re very hideable, but there’s something about WFH and being on zoom calls with your coworkers and not wearing a bra that feels…wrong. I also feel even less “together” than I already feel. I did some digging and found this ribbed longline bralette as well as this seamless padded bralette, also from Aerie which I haven’t stopped wearing but they have been completely sold out of it so I only have one. I love both of them because they are super comfortable, not restricting and I feel more like a productive human wearing them. 🙂
- Olay Fresh Reset Clay Mask Stick $10.12 I’ve used a ton of different masks, but since starting Tretinoin, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t overdrying my skin. So, instead of a clarifying, tingling mask like the Aztec clay one we all know and love, I opted to try this Olay pink clay mask stick. First of all, I love that it’s a stick because it eliminates the mess, glides on smoothly, and quite frankly it’s fun to apply. I leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and after my skin looks so dewy and feels SO clean. I highly recommend this, especially for the summer months when you aim to do everything quickly so you can get outside and enjoy the warm weather.
- CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream $13.98 I’ve been using CeraVe products for five years now because they are super gentle on my skin and not overdrying. I use the hydrating cleanser and daily moisturizer. More recently, I started using the night cream since my Apostrophe dermatologist recommended it and I wish I had started sooner. It’s a thicker cream so I usually put it on before I apply Tretinoin and after. When I wake up, my skin feels so hydrated and smooth. It really seeps into your skin, giving you the ultimate moisture.
- Artis Oval 3 Makeup Brush $42 ($30 with 30% discount code) In all honesty, I’m not a makeup brush person. I don’t like beauty blenders, I have powder brush for my foundation and bronzer, but that’s it. I saw the Artis Oval 3 makeup brush on Paige from Summer House’s IG story and she had a 30% discount code so I felt compelled to give it a try. The way her concealer glided on so smoothly, it felt like a no brainer to try. I’ve also been feeling that when I apply concealer with my fingers, I lose some of the coverage. I LOVE this brush. It helps me get the most out of my concealer and it does glide on as perfectly as Paige demonstrated in her IG story.
- Supergoop SuperScreen Daily Moisturizer$38 and Bright-Eyed Mineral Eye Cream $36 (both SPF 40) I’ve used Supergoop’s unseen sunscreen in the past and while I liked it, I started to hate how mattifying it was. I was losing some dew and my skin felt dry so when I discovered their superscreen daily moisturizer I was THRILLED. It is the best of both worlds, a good strength SPF and not overly greasy or heavy–perfect dewiness. I absolutely love this moisturizer and feel as though I’ve finally found a daily sunscreen that truly works for me and my skin type. I’m also super sensitive about my under eyes because they do appear darker than they once did when I was in my 20s and they don’t often get the love and attention they deserve. This mineral cream is a gamechanger. It’s thicker than I thought it would be, which I love because I feel like it really sinks into my skin and acts as a primer for my concealer. Also IN love with the fact that it contains SPF 40 as well.
- Aerie New Love Corded Oversized Sweatshirt $37.46 And finally, I have been LIVING in these corded oversized sweatshirts. I actually purchased one well before quarantine days and loved it so much that I felt like I needed another. It’s so cozy, but not overly warm there’s no fleece lining or anything it’s just a thicker sweatshirt. I also love the look of it because it gives a more polished appearance in my opinion. It goes great with leggings or even bike shorts now that the weather is warmer.
So….that’s about all I’ve been doing during quarantine, how about you?
Stay safe out there and STAY HOME!